Antigua and Barbuda
manager is responsible for the daily management of all associated activities of
the designated product within the base location. This includes, but is not
limited to, operational administration, financial and budgetary responsibility,
service and maintenance, asset management, personnel management, and
development. Through leadership and high standards, the base manager will
ensure the customer expectations are exceeded on all occasions, in line with
DYC guidelines and standards.
Dream Yacht expects its Base Manager to be Ambassadors for the company and the charter business and enhance the quality brand and awareness to the guests, customers, and business partners. You must be a confident in this position and enjoy reaching out to and interacting with your business community.
“As an effective Company ambassador, you must be a good manager and should be a strong leader, a resilient negotiator, and a respected representative of our Industry”.
Base Managers’ Working Week
Running a yacht charter operational base can be a challenging job some days, so weekly planning and the day-to-day management of company personnel, suppliers, boats, and guests needs to be controlled.
Here you will find the Base Managers Daily Check list along with an example of the tasks and duties that must be performed weekly as routine to support others company departments.
The Base Manager’s Working Week schedule highlights many functions that must be performed to meet the company’s management standards and quality of service expected by the guests on arrival and during their experience with Dream Yacht Charter.
It is necessary to use this schedule to ensure communications with other departments (accounts, financial, booking office, suppliers, personnel meetings) are maintained and the weekly reporting of critical issues is done on time.
Maintenance, Operation and Boats
ENSURES the correct maintenance, operation, and readiness of all boats for charter
including all on-board systems, rigging, inventory and hull structures per company policy and procedures. This includes management of routine and preventable
• Ensures commissioning/phase-in and phase-out procedures are adhered to according to company policies and owner’s boats are maintained to the highest standard upon their acceptance of the boat after phase-out
• Implement a refit plan and maintenance/repair program
• Maintain overall cleanliness and tidiness of the base and property and company assets
• Responsible for driving local revenue and working to specific targets
• Responsible for understanding competitors and their activity, along with driving initiatives surrounding community mind sustainable development
• Reviews charter client resumés ensuring satisfactory operation of charter vessels
accordingly, to criteria set by DYC and the insurer
• Be always on call daily for any emergency issues, using a company mobile phone
• Maintain relationships with and liaise with relevant licensing authorities to always ensure compliance
• Ensure all health and safety standards are adhered to without exception, and any issues raised with superiors immediately
• Ability to utilise computer software programmes such as Microsoft Word/Excel, Google Docs, NauSYS, DY Staff App, reservation systems and/or internet-based data centres.
- Manage yacht operational aspects for bareboat, cabin & crewed charters
- Management of technical maintenance of the boats
- Managing and optimizing the charter planning
- Inventory control and ordering necessary spare parts
- Administrative and personnel management
- Recruitment, training, and management of base team
- Working in relation with other DYC services (Operational, Accounting, Sales, Administrative etc.)
- Proactive, autonomous, and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Forward thinking with excellent organizational skills, able to plan and execute
- Maintain good relations with every individual, directly or indirectly in line with our business
- Fluency in English and local language
- Experience in working in the yacht charter industry.