BASE TECHNICAL MANAGER
Oversees the dock operations in assigning the tasks for the technical team and run the daily operations on the
dock with the help of task management systems. Manages the dockhands in their related duties such as securing boats to docks, connecting and monitoring utility services, boarding and deboarding charter guests. Assists the Parts manager in his duties and supervises the workshop area.
You will report directly to the Group Operations Director and will have to deal with many internal services such as, but not limited to, operational, finance & administrative, and commercial teams.
As Base Technical Manager, your main duties will include, but not limited to, for the Company and its subsidiaries:
- Supervise the daily operations of the dockhand team, assignment of boats to be pre-boarded, boarded, and deboarded with the clients that includes briefings and debriefings
- Focus on the charter planning system to ensure all boats are charter ready and maintain all necessary equipment required for each charter
- Implement and manage quality assurance on the work performed by the dockhands
- Plan slip assignment, departure, and arrival of the fleet
- Enforce all SOPs and policies defined by the company
- Maintain a clean and organized dock and workshop
- Perform inspections of all vessels in the fleet, report all work/tasks in the company application for each boat
- Management of the technical maintenance of the boats and assist base manager with the low season yacht maintenance planning
- Control of the stock and ordering of necessary spare parts approved by the base manager
- Assist with the recruitment, training, and management of dock team
- Working closely with the base manager to ensure the yacht maintenance budget is respected
- Prepare the docks and fleet for hurricane season
You may be assigned to duties in companies directly or indirectly related to the Company. Attractive package
offered, job available immediately. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of the development of a
quickly growing international company.
Skills and experiences required
Proactive, autonomous, and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Forward thinking with excellent organizational skills, able to plan and execute
Maintain good relations with every individual, directly or indirectly in line with our business
- Technical knowledge of charter boats
- English Speaker
- Work permit to work in Seychelles
- Charter yacht technical skills
- Minimum 3 years in a similar position
What is great about Dream Yacht?
Sail your dreams with the world’s leading charter company with +50 destinations and +1,000 yachts in our fleet this is what we offer to our clients and yacht owners. Dream Yacht Charter became the world leader in its sector within 20 years. To continue our growth, we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join our fastgrowing team.